Monday, August 15, 2011

New blog

I decided to create this blog to share my experience using Python, IPython and associated modules and packages in daily scientific work. The kind of things I do with Python are: data analysis, numerical analysis, programming (structured and object-oriented), scripting, plotting (with publication quality), handling of ASCII/FITS tables, interfacing with Fortran code etc.

I started using Python 1.5 year ago and I have had an extremely good experience with it! Before that, I used to use mainly IDL for my scientific needs. Since then, I became an advocate for using Python for scientific purposes and replacing IDL with Python (when possible of course). 

Expect blog updates on a weekly basis. As I discover new tricks or write interesting methods which I think should be useful to other people, I will try to keep updating this blog (when my work allows me to do so).

A clarification: this blog is not associated in any way with astropython.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment